Sunday 14 December 2008

I've decided I do have a green thumb.

Here are two little onions that I plucked today from my little mud basket in the spare bedroom. They'd probably become bigger, but I felt a bit like the monkey in my brother's favorite story of 'the owl and the raja', and like a very impatient Noni the garden gnome in the Enid Blyton fairy tale.


I remembered to take a pic only after I had got rid of the outer muddy layer. I used the onions in my vegetable fried rice today. And on the subject of bragging, I have to say, the veg/egg fried rice that I make is one of the best I've ever eaten.

2 comments:

Thenamelessone said...

I shall agree that your fried rice is the best ever, about the egg part I don't know because eggs I eat not.

Eni said...

Talking of an Enid Blyton fairy tale, I am glad to inform you that I have published a book on Enid Blyton, titled, The Famous Five: A Personal Anecdotage (www.bbotw.com).
Stephen Isabirye